Volunteer Compliance & Assessment
For the protection of both players and volunteers, AYSO requires all volunteers to:
- Complete and eSign a volunteer application each and every year.
- Be authorized to perform their job by an AYSO Region, Area, Section, National Board or other AYSO authority.
- Act with the scope of their job descriptions, AYSO’s policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Complete AYSO’s Safe Haven (child, volunteer protection) training, and
- Be properly trained for their job (job training).
These requirements help ensure that volunteers receive all the protection they are entitled to under the Volunteer Protection Act and any Good Samaritan laws while providing for the protection of players and complying with municipal, state and federal legislation.