Finances & Funds
The primary role of the Treasurer is to safeguard the Region’s monies and assets. Treasurers play a vital role in protecting AYSO’s non-profit status.
Treasurers are responsible for acting within the scope of AYSO’s financial policies, procedures and guidelines. They are responsible for:
- managing accounts receivable (revenue) and accounts payable (expenses).
- providing timely financial reports to the Regional Board and the national Finance department.
- coordinating the annual budget preparation.
- overseeing player registration fee handling, payments.
- abiding by good internal control procedures.
- maintaining financial records for seven years.
- coding deposits and expenses for accurate tax reporting.
- submitting 1099 reports to Finance by January 10 each year.
- Maintain a reserve of at least $5 per player but not more that $12 per players to ensure financial stability of the Region.
Treasurers are required to take:
- AYSO’s Safe Haven
- CDC’s Concussion Awareness training
- Treasurer job training
- NAP Online workshop