RMS Information & Updates
It is on the development list to provide Regions with default Region wide volunteer positions (as opposed to division positions). In the meantime:
- Add a New Registration Form/Program
- Select MY 2017, Core, and name it “2017 Volunteer Program”
- Edit the 2017 Volunteer Program – add a nice message about volunteering
- Skip the required player questions/default to required questions
- Skip Discounts & Fees
- Add Volunteer roles; Display roles offered; save settings
- Update Program Email for Volunteers.
- Under Division Details, enter a $0 price, set the age range to a future birth date so no one can register as a player in the program.
- Instruct volunteers to select “I am volunteering to be a team coach or official.”
Why are volunteers asked to volunteer by Divisions instead of just for the entire Region like before?
This Blue Sombrero feature allows potential volunteers to tell the Region that they want to be “team coach for 8UB and assistant coach for 6UG” when they have multiple children and they are volunteering for team related positions like team coach, assistant coach, team parent/manager or Division Coordinator.
Because some programs may need to ask additional questions depending on the division, such as licensing, practice/game time availability, etc., the system presents the application process for each division.
We recognize the dramatic change, confusion and frustration this change causes and it is on our list for reconsideration. Region wide volunteer position registration for referees, board members and other non-team positions, is already on the development plan as well.
In the short term, for team volunteers, we recommend that they pick one position/division; complete the application, eSignature and background check if required; and save it.
Team volunteers can then request other volunteer positions by going back to the Account User Profile, select Volunteers and request other positions. They will still be presented with an application for each position, but the applications will be prepopulated with their answers and only require an eSignature. The system will not submit duplicate background checks.
When selecting programs, are the programs that are not available going to be “greyed out” to avoid parents selecting the wrong program?
Yes, they won’t be visible to anyone but the Admin. When creating a family account, users must enter their participants’ genders and dates of birth. Participants must be age and gender eligible for a program to see and register for it.