RMS Information & Updates
Admins can gain access to their site whenever they like. They are not able to run test registrations, as AYSO requires a National Fee paid to create an order in Blue Sombrero.
It is on the development list to provide Regions with default Region wide volunteer positions (as opposed to division positions). In the meantime:
- Add a New Registration Form/Program
- Select MY 2017, Core, and name it “2017 Volunteer Program”
- Edit the 2017 Volunteer Program – add a nice message about volunteering
- Skip the required player questions/default to required questions
- Skip Discounts & Fees
- Add Volunteer roles; Display roles offered; save settings
- Update Program Email for Volunteers.
- Under Division Details, enter a $0 price, set the age range to a future birth date so no one can register as a player in the program.
- Instruct volunteers to select “I am volunteering to be a team coach or official.”
No. Player information cannot be edited after a player is created. This is to ensure player information matches the player’s AYSO ID. If information needs to be edited because it has been entered incorrectly, the admin can email email@example.com with the information that needs to be changed.
Yes. Every player in Blue Sombrero is created under a family account. That means users only need one login for all their players’ registrations, volunteer roles, team communication and mobile app access.
Is Blue Sombrero going to be able to merge players and volunteers when more than one ID is created?
Regional Commissioners are able to merge family accounts when parents accidentally create duplicates. They are then able to archive duplicate players or volunteers. If an existing player or volunteer is created in Blue Sombrero, but that user is given a new AYSO ID, there is a mismatch between AYSO’s records and the data entered in Blue Sombrero. For example, this could happen if a player was entered with the first name Benjamin in AYSO and entered as Ben in Blue Sombrero. To connect the correct AYSO ID, just update the player or volunteer’s information to match what already exists in eAYSO.
No, but if a user stays too long on the eSignature or screen, Blue Sombrero will time out the session to protect the user’s account security.
Yes. If you’ve registered your player already, you can print the form under “My Account.” You will see a “View/Print Form” link and you can print from there.
Does Blue Sombrero have a confirmation email sent to parents/volunteers when they register a player or a volunteer?
Yes. Region Commissioners are able to add information to this email on Step 5 of their registration form setup.
No, Blue Sombrero will not offer the EasyESign process. All players must register online and be eSigned by their parents.
Yes, the same options as in eAYSO will be available.
No, the player can register for more than one program in more than one Region. The player will only be required to pay the AYSO Membership Fee once for each Membership Year. Some programs may have additional fees.
It generally takes time for credit card companies to transfer funds and for Blue Sombrero to reconcile all transactions. Unlike some credit card vendors, Blue Sombrero provides detailed transaction/player reporting.
The preferred method of payment in Blue Sombrero is credit cards, debit cards or pre-paid credit cards. Payments collected by Blue Sombrero are automatically routed to a Region’s bank via ACH transfer for all Region fees collected. Similarly, the AYSO Membership fee will be automatically routed to the National bank account, eliminating Player Fee Invoicing, Accounts Receivable and Top 5 Reporting.
In the long run, this will dramatically simplify Region fund management. Nonetheless, cash/check payments may be accepted, but require additional Region processing.
There will be a bi-weekly deposit to the Region’s bank account of all the fees that are collected and paid by credit card and a corresponding MDRF will be automatically logged into the Region’s NAP online account.
Yes, cash and checks may be accepted by Regions, but are not recommended. When parents pay by either credit card, debit card or pre-paid credit cards, the fees flow through Blue Sombrero directly to Region, Area, Section and National Office bank accounts with complete transparency. Corresponding automated entries are made to NAP Online to record revenue and provide financial updates.
When a Region, Area or Section accepts cash or check payments, they will be required to pay the National Membership Fee to the National Office before the player can be assigned to teams. In order to better serve those Regions who need to accept larger volumes of cash/check payments for player registration fees, we have implemented the following “batch” process to enable the payment of the National Annual Membership fees for those players:
- First, all parents must complete their Player’s Registration Form in BSB and eSign it so that a Player Registration form with all the required waivers is on file (per Bylaw 1.04, Policies & Protocols). Parents who do not want to pay be credit, debit or pre-paid credit card can leave the registration in their shopping cart without paying and print their form when they review it during the eSignature process. This registration becomes an Open Shopping Cart Order.
- Regions can accept cash/check payment in person, but are still required to update the system with payments they have accepted. A new report, “AYSO Cash/Check File” is available under Reports >Billing Reports which reports players requiring payment of the National Membership Fee. Regions generate this report as an Excel spreadsheet and mark the players paid in the spreadsheet.
- Regions email the Excel spreadsheet to firstname.lastname@example.org and send a check for ($17.50 + a $1.00) for each player marked paid to the AYSO Lockbox address. There is an additional $1.00 per player fee for each player processed. Once Finance has confirmed payment, the player records will be updated as “paid” for the Membership Year and the Region will be notified.
The Region can then complete the registration order by opening each paid Open Order and indicating the Region fees paid by cash/check.
This process is very similar to the current procedures for paying National Fee Invoices from eAYSO and should help Regions bridge the gap to electronic payments.
Alternatively, Regions may apply for and use a Wells Fargo Commercial credit card to pay for the player’s National Membership fees. When a Region, Area or Section accepts cash or check payments, they will be required to use a Wells Fargo Commercial credit card to pay for the player’s National Membership fee. Payment of the National Membership fee “registers” a player to make the player eligible to be assigned to a team and print a player ID card.
The Wells Fargo Commercial credit card is available to the Regional Commissioner, Area Director, or Section Director.
If you are a Section Director, Area Director or Regional Commissioner and would like a Wells Fargo Commercial credit card for Region use, please contact CommercialCard@ayso.org to start the process. Note that no one else on the Regional Board can submit a request.
The login credential for Blue Sombrero will be a user select user ID and password. Email will not be a login user ID.
Membership in AYSO is required for each Membership Year (8/1 – 7/31) before a member may participate in any AYSO program or event.
Once issued or purchased, some of products or services cannot be refunded/returned. This is consistent with membership in other youth sports organizations.
The AYSO Membership Fee (formerly known as the National Player Fee) is non-refundable and non-transferable member fee to participate in AYSO. Membership in AYSO is required for each Membership Year (8/1 – 7/31) before a member may participate in any AYSO program or event. This fee entitles the member to all benefits for that membership year, including:
- Membership Player ID Card
- Annual subscription to the PLAYSOCCER Magazine
- Soccer Accident Insurance
- Special offers and discounts
- Access to the AYSO Player website channel
You can start registering players in Blue Sombrero for MY2017.
The plan is for eAYSO to slowly fade out of use. It will be available for looking up and reporting on historical data until it is no longer needed. eAYSO will not allow registration for MY2017.
Free Blue Sombrero websites are available for all Regions to hold Registration for Membership Year 2017. All parents and volunteers will have to create a new login on Blue Sombrero in order to enable the single-sign-on utility and to upgrade security credentials.