Volunteer Compliance & Assessment
Have policies in place that will promote early registration and promotion.
Make sure every board member understands the registration policy and supports it.
Be proactive – in regions of 500 or less, have volunteers divide and call all players who have not registered and leave a quick and important message: “The last and final registration for AYSO soccer will be Saturday January 31, from 2 – 4 p.m. in the high school cafeteria.” This method takes some time and effort, but you will know you gave these players every opportunity to register.
Appoint an assistant who can shadow your duties and responsibilities.
Create a registration team and give them a chance to be in on the decision making process
Delegate tasks and see who performs well.
Thank – Thank – Thank your workers in every possible way. They will return.
- Are there any changes planned for next year?
- What is the late registration policy?
- What are the dates, times and locations for registration?
- Set the registration fee? Will it change next year?
- Are scholarships being offered?
- Make arrangements for registration suplies and expenses
Regional Coach and Referee Administrators
- How many coaches and assistants will be needed? Always pad the amount needed for each division.
- Make sure they have fliers ready announcing training oportunities.
Child Volunteer Protection Advocate
- Ask the CVPA to educate every worker at registration, so that they can intelligently answer questions.
A Registrar – The role of the Registrar is to organize and implement the annual registration of players and volunteers.
The primary responsibilities of the Registrar include:
- Planning the annual registration of all players and volunteers with the CVPA and Treasurer.
- Maintaining a waiting list for players who sign up after teams are balanced and filled.
- Reconciling registrations forms with fees paid for each registration event.
- Ensuring all players are registered.
- Ensuring the National Player Fees are paid.
Registrar training requirements include:
- Registrar Job Training
- AYSO’s Safe Haven
- CDC’s Concussion Awareness Training