- Go to your Region’s Blue Sombrero portal. You can find it with our Region locator at the following link: https://ayso.org/find-your-region/
- Click on “Register Now” in the top right hand corner of the site.
- Complete the “Create New Account” section on the Login screen. Then click “Create Account.”
- Primary Parent/Guardian Information
On this step you will enter your information and then click on
- Which best describes you?
After you complete step 4, this pop up will appear.
Select option 2, if you want to skip registering a participant and only sign-up to volunteer.
- Select Program(s) to View Volunteer Roles
Find the program, click on
It will now say then click on
- Complete the Volunteer Selection Page
Look for the age group and the volunteer position you are interested in then click on
It will now say then click on at the bottom of the screen.
NOTE: DO NOT SELECT MORE THAN ONE VOLUNTEER POSITION AT THIS TIME. Additional volunteer roles can be added after registration is complete.
- Select the name of the volunteer and click “Continue.”
- Additional Position Information
Fill in all the fields with a red asterisk.
Make sure to accept the waiver at the bottom of the page then click on
- Volunteer E-Signature
Select the button, then
- Review Application and E-Sign
a) Click on the box next to the words “I agree to use an electronic signature.”
b) Click on the radio button next to the words “I am an adult of the age of majority in my state…”
c) Type your name in the yellow box for “Volunteer Signature.”
d) Click on “Continue to Review.”
On the last screen, if all the information on the volunteer form is correct, then click on at the bottom of the application.
- Verified Volunteer – Background Check Consent Form
If you do need further assistance please call the Blue Sombrero Support Center at 866-258-3303. Or you can also send an email firstname.lastname@example.org.