The Regional Assessment Program (RAP) is designed to recognize Regions for their successful implementation of AYSO programs in their local communities. Regions that actively support AYSO philosophies and policies, strive for constant improvement, and demonstrate a commitment to training their volunteers may be Regional Assessment Program award winners.
Any Region can be a RAP award winner regardless of its size, age or budget because AYSO is looking for the effective use of resources, quality delivery of services and innovation. Both chartered and pilot regions may qualify for awards.
Benefits of the Award
A Regional Assessment Program award recognizes the success and dedication of the Regional Board and its volunteers. It also serves as a great planning tool for the next season! Recipients of the Regional Assessment Program award will receive:
- Group recognition and a certificate.
- Seven award pins (for the RC, RCA, RRA, Treasurer, Safety Director, Registrar and CVPA).
- The opportunity to purchase additional pins for other volunteers and staff members.
- A press kit for publicizing the award level.
There are four award levels: Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum. Recognition is based on the successful completion of projects, which yield a point value, from several major categories on the form. These include administration, coaching, refereeing, finance, special programs and community outreach. For a further explanation of each level, please refer to the table below.
|Bronze||The Bronze award level is achieved if a Region receives 60% – 69% of the total points across all categories. Refer to grading chart.|
|Silver||The Silver award level is achieved if a Region receives 70% – 79% of the total points across all categories. Refer to grading chart.|
|Gold||The Gold award level is achieved if a Region receives 80% – 89% of the total points across all categories. Refer to grading chart.|
|Platinum||The Platinum award level is achieved if a Region receives 90% – 100% of the total points across all categories. Refer to grading chart.|
Entry Rules and Guidelines
- This application should assess the period from July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018 – the fall/spring 2017-2018 Membership Year. The application includes a certification page and five category sections.
- If your Region meets the requirements of each line or you have checked any of the boxes in a line item then record the corresponding points in the “Region Points” column. Otherwise, leave it blank.
- Provide written comments when requested to verify a response. This is indicated by statements, such as “Check all that apply,” “Describe,” “Explain,” “Date” and “Names,” etc. This additional information is required to receive credit for an item. Please feel free to attach any supporting documents or examples.
- Regional Board Members must sign the appropriate lines on the certification page indicating their concurrence with the application submission. If the certification page is not returned or signed, the application will not be processed.
- Retain a copy of the Regional Assessment Program application for Region files and as a precaution in the event that the application is lost or damaged in transit.
- Please fill in and return the original form. Do not send the application in a binder or folder.
- The RAP application must be completed, signed and turned into the Area Director by July 1, 2018.
- After reviewing the completed application, the Area Director must assign the Award Level, sign and forward the application to the Section Director by Aug. 1, 2018.
- After reviewing the completed application and approving the Award Level, the Section Director must sign and forward the application to the AYSO National Office via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sept. 15, 2018. They may also be mailed in an envelope marked “RAP.” Envelopes must be postmarked by Sept. 1, 2018, for applications to be considered. Applications may also be faxed to (310) 525-1155 as long as they are faxed in original size and format.
- A list of all applications received will be posted on our announcement board. If a Region is not listed, please contact your Area Director or the National Office at (800) 872-2976 ext. 7973 to confirm that the application was received.
- Recipients will be notified of their award level by their Section Director.