States are in acting legislation requiring Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) education and training for individuals who work with children. AYSO Regions in these states will need to comply with these requirements immediately. As states adopt legislation, the Matrix below will be updated to reflect any requirements.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AYSO PARENTS AND COACHES
- Click on the information box for your role (Parent/Child or Coach) for your state. A link will take you to the state webpage.
- Follow the instructions on the webpage. Complete and sign the designated form. Save form in pdf.
- Forward the pdf form to both your child’s coach and Region.
- Coaches: Follow instructions, complete and sign the form (if required). Save in pdf and forward to Region Safety Director and Coach Administrator. Regional Commissioners must retain a record of all coaches that completed training if required by their state.
- For California Regions only: California applies the SCA requirements to referees. Referees must complete coaches online training as well.
- For Maryland and Washington state Regions only: Forms and training are only required for fields on schools or school district facilities.
- For Washington state only: Regional Commissioners must sign the statement of compliance and save in pdf. Forward with COI to school district.
Sudden Cardiac Arrest training provided by Simon’s Heart is available in AYSOU. Volunteers in states using this training can take it on AYSOU (CA, TN, WA).
|State||Application||Parent Child Information||Coaches Information||Remove from play|
|California||AYSO||Information Sheet annually – English||One-Time Training||Yes|
|Information Sheet annually – Spanish|
|Maryland||Use of public-school facility by youth group||Information Sheet annually||Information Sheet||Yes|
|Ohio||AYSO||Information sheet and view video annually||Training course annually||Yes|
|Tennessee||AYSO||Information sheet annually||Training course annually||Yes|
|Washington||Use of public-school facility by youth group||Information sheet annually||Training course every 3 years|