As with the concussion law in 2016, various states are proposing Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) education and compliance training. The four states below have already instituted programs for youth sports for 2019. AYSO Regions in those states will need to comply immediately. We anticipate that other states will be adopting similar laws in the future.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AYSO PARENTS AND COACHES
- Click on the information box for your role (Parent/Child or Coach) for your state. A link will take you to the state webpage.
- Follow the instructions on the webpage. Complete and sign the designated form. Save form in pdf.
- Forward the pdf form to both your child’s coach and Region.
- Coaches: Follow instructions, complete and sign the form (if required). Save in pdf and forward to Region Safety Director and Coach Administrator. Regional Commissioners must retain a record of all coaches that completed training if required by their state.
- For Maryland and Washington state Regions only: Forms and training are only required for fields on schools or school district facilities.
- For Washington state only: Regional Commissioners must sign the statement of compliance and save in pdf. Forward with COI to school district.
|State||Application||Parent Child Information||Coaches Information||Remove from play|
|Maryland||Use of public-school facility by youth group||Information Sheet annually||Information Sheet||Yes|
|Ohio||AYSO||Information sheet and view video annually||Training course annually||Yes|
|Tennessee||AYSO||Information sheet annually||Training course annually||Yes|
|Washington||Use of public-school facility by youth group||Information sheet annually||Training course every 3 years|