As noted in our Return to Play Guidance, until COVID-19 is either eradicated or a vaccine developed, there is no way of eliminating the risk of infection. This should be clearly communicated to all participants, including players, parents and volunteers. As you develop your Return to Play programming, we require that you have your participants sign the waiver below before they reengage with your program as a recognition of that risk in participating.
Recommended Protocol for Waivers:
- Regions should download the waiver and send to all parents and registered volunteers.
- Non-AYSO Players would need the Non-AYSO Player Registration Form and the COVID-19 waiver found here
- Request that each sign and bring to the first practice/event/etc. and have the Safety Director collect all hard copies.
- Create a recording system to note who and who has not turned in their waivers.
- Have extra copies on hand for those that do not bring one to your event.
- If you registered before June 18th, please follow these instructions:
- If you registered after June 18th, you do not need to take any further action as the waiver has been incorporated into the registration process.
- Waivers are required to be kept on file, so please follow the instructions here for how to store them in Sports Connect.